FREE Tour of Jerusalem Free
Jerusalem: the Golden City, the Eternal City, the Holy City. No other city means so much to so many people. Walk with an expert guide through 4000 years of history in the footsteps of kings, emperors and prophets.
You will see incredible rooftop views and narrow twisted streets. You will trace Jerusalem’s Roman high street and soak up the smells and sounds of the Suq market. From the urban hustle and bustle to peaceful, shady squares, this two-hour FREE Tour (tips-only basis) covers the unmissable sights and hidden surprises that will make your visit unforgettable!
**SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY FREE TOUR: MARCH 6, 8 & 10 AT 3PM**
Our special International Women’s Day Tour celebrates the female heroes that have shaped our history! Delve deeper into the influence of Mary; one of the most well known women in the world, learn about the importance of women in Christtianity. Islam and Judaism and listen to the brave life story of one of Israel's greatest poets, Leah Goldberg.
From mothers to writers to activists, there is no doubt that women have transformed Israel into the country it is today. Join us as we explore some of the memorials, locations and statues around Jerusalem that commemorate these great women.
On this special International Women's Day Free Tour we cover:
- Dormition Abbey - Mary’s role in Christianity
- The Western Wall - The separation between men and women; “Women of the Wall” movement
- Golda Meir
- Convent of the Sisters of Zion - Why do women choose to become a nun?
- Station IV of the Via Dolorosa
- Traditional food and the traditional role of the women in Islam
- Sandrouni - Armenian Ceramic Center - Old tradition and art, made by a modern working Armenian woman
- Modesty in the three religions
- Leah Goldberg, Rachel “The Poetess” Bluwstein on new Israeli currency and its controversy
*Average tour length. The independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites and stories above and lasts this long, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group!
This 2-hour* walking tour covers all the main sites and stories, including:
- All four Old City quarters: Jewish, Muslim, Christian & Armenian
- View of the Western (Wailing) Wall
- Excavations of ancient Jerusalem
- Incredible views of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Dome of the Rock, Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the Mount of Olives
- Hurva (Ruined) Synagogue
- Jaffa Gate
- David’s Citadel
- Roman Cardo Maximus
- Suq - Covered markets
...and much more!